Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico
If you’re suffering from obesity, you may want to consider weight loss surgery in Mexico. Every year thousands of the United States and Canadian travel to Tijuana – Mexico to undergo bariatric surgery.
The driving force behind all this medical tourism is the cost-savings of thousands of dollars. Undergoing surgery without insurance coverage can cost upwards of $20,000 – by traveling to lower cost providers in Mexico, patients can save $10,000 or more.
What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery, commonly referred to as weight loss surgery, is abdominal surgery designed to change the stomach, intestines or both to facilitate weight loss. Since the advent, and the perfection of common forms including RNY gastric bypass, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, Lap-Band, and bariatric surgery has been on the rise in both the United States and Mexico.
16,000 in the early 1990s to 180,000 in 2005, according to the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. USNews
Is Bariatric Surgery in Mexico Safe?
In 2012 some bariatric surgeons in Mexico have performed thousands of bariatric surgeries – more than their American counterparts. Today, medical professionals and technologies have made bariatric surgery the least risky they’ve ever been. With technologies that make incisions the smallest diameters possible, staples that provide sure-fire closure and imaging equipment that gives the surgeon the best possible view of one’s intestines.
As long as patients choose surgeons with a proven track record of success, and uses the latest bariatric medical technologies – patients can safeguard themselves and position themselves for the best chance of success.
- Our bariatric surgeons are well trained, well experienced and fluent in English. Some of our surgeons have been trained in US universities and hospitals.
- Our hospitals are full-service surgery centers that use the latest medical technologies. Our standards are in line with United States standards.
Traveling Safely to Tijuana -Mexico?
We provide unbelievable service in helping patients travel to Tijuana Safely. Our track record speaks for themselves – we’ve been in business for over 8 years and helped hundreds of patients rid themselves of obesity.
- Our professional driver picks you up from the San Diego airport and proceeds directly to your Hotel in Tijuana.
- Your hotel in Tijuana is close to the full-service hospital where the procedure will be taking place.
- Our driver will escort you to and from the hospital and hotel, then finally back to the San Diego airport.
- We bypass the long wait to get back to the US by having a “medical pass,” a pass which can reduce the 4-hour wait to just 30 minutes.
- US dollars in Tijuana is universally accepted, as is major credit cards – however, contacting them beforehand is a good idea to avoid them cancel your credit line.
- We have patient coordinators onsite for all our patients. Our coordinators will help patients in traveling and will visit you in your hotel.
Source: Official U.S. Navy Imagery